Chicken or Turkey Suya
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 3 pounds skinless chicken thigh
- 4 tbsp peanut butter or peanut paste
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp Bouillon
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak skewers for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray oil on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix all seasonings.
- Pat chicken completely dry with paper towel, and slice into bite size.
- Thread chicken onto skewers about 4 per skewer.
- Brush chicken skewer with spice mixture and place skewers on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and bake for 20 mins – turning half way through baking until fully cooked. Towards the last 3 mins of baking, switch from baking to broiler setting for a crispy finish.
- Serve warm with African pepper sauce and onions